Monday, February 6, 2017

#elitehotseat: EMMA SURMON


What is one thing people may be surprised to find out about you? 
-- 6 years of my childhood was spent living in Bermuda. When we moved back to Calgary, Canada, my brother and I were pretty shocked by the freezing weather. 

What was going through your head backstage before and on the runway during your first walk? 
-- I was so nervous that I thought I would even be able to walk. But once I started it was quite exhilarating and the walk passed in the blink of an eye. During the walk I was just trying to enjoy the moment and not fall! 

What do you see yourself doing after your modelling career? 
-- I am currently in school studying advertising and marketing and want to pursue that when I am done modelling. I think it will be really interesting to see and work in the other side of industry. 

If you never needed to work again, what would you spend your time doing? 
-- Rescuing dogs and living on the beach. But more realistically I would like to spend more time supporting important non profits , such as Planned Parenthood. 

Describe your idea of a perfect day. 
-- Going for a hike with my dog in the morning and having a home cooked meal from my mom in the evening. 

What’s one subject you could talk about for at least 5 minutes? 
-- Women's rights, especially now considering the political climate here in the US 

You do a lot of travelling for your job, what place would you say you’ve fallen in love with the most and why? 
-- New York City! Which I am now lucky to now call home. The people and the energy here is unrivalled. 

Any favourite travelling experiences? 
-- Going to Spain to shoot for Zara was so amazing, they shoot in a small town on the coast. Although I only had a couple of hours to explore after work, I found it to be so quaint and beautiful. 

Obviously you're very active on Instagram, do you have any self-imposed rules? 
-- My rule is if I wouldn't want my grandma seeing this photo, I probably shouldn't post it. 

Describe yourself in 3 words. 
-- Idealistic, determined, accepting 

What’s your next career move? Anyone you’d love to work with or a place you hope to visit for work? 
-- I have always wanted to travel to South Africa for work, the photos I have seen of editorials shot there are always so breathtaking. 

Cheers to 2017. What are your goals for the future when it comes to your career? 
-- I want to continue to enjoy work and the opportunities I have been given. This year I am really focused on fitness, and think that will really help to push my career to new levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment